Barbecue Bacon Potatoes
Looking for inspiration for a quick bite for dinner, or how to wow your guests with your Barbecuing skills? Browse our catalogue of mouth-watering recipes and get sizzling!
- 8 medium sized potatoes suitable for salads or boiling (firm fleshed)
- 8 slices of smoked streaky bacon (use prosciutto as replacement)
- 16 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise in halves, cut the bacon into 16 long strips.
- Place a sprig of herb onto the cut side of each potato and wrap a slice of bacon around before fixing it with a toothpick.
- Place onto the flat plate of your medium hot BBQ and close the hood (or cook on indirect heat). Otherwise place them into a baking tray that you tightly wrap with tinfoil and cook it over direct heat (in case your BBQ is overloaded just bake them uncovered in your oven at 190 degrees).
- Cook for 30 - 40 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and soft through their centre.
Serve with sour cream or greek yoghurt and fresh green salad